Last Updated on September 30, 2020 by Next Century
Are you looking at the “Operations are in progress, please wait. The machine will be turned off automatically after the operations are complete.” and how long have you been looking at it for?
This is designed behavior. To avoid data corruption, Acronis Scheduler service postpones the system shutdown or restart process until:
- The backup/validation/etc. task is aborted in Acronis True Image 2014/2015;
- The backup/validation/etc. task in completed in other Acronis backup software
This is a safety valve to avoid data corruption, Windows shutdown is postponed until an Acronis task completes or is safely stopped.
- You have a task scheduled to run at a certain time;
- The task starts at the scheduled time, but you invoke the machine shutdown while the task is running;
- On the shutdown, the system will display that there are operations in progress and will wait for their completion;
- When the task completes, the machine will shut down successfully.