If you can see there should be X number of new emails but your Outlook folder is empty?
Most likely the items are not actually deleted but are being filtered from view in some way. Therefore, to resolve this issue, change the filtering options in some way.
Filtering options vary. However, some of the more common filtering options are as follows:
- Date received
- Read/Unread status
View options will vary slightly, depending on the version of Outlook that you are using. To change the view options in Outlook, follow these steps.
For Outlook 2010 and later versions
- In the ribbon, select the View tab.
- In the Current View area, click View Settings.
- Click Filter, and then review the following tabs tabs for any selections that could filter out specific messages:
- More Choices
For Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2003
- On the menu bar, select the View menu.
- Rest your mouse on Current View to expand the menu.
Note For Outlook 2003, browse to View, then to Arrange By, and then to Current View.
- Select Messages to remove all filtering options.
Note The user may have changed the default views. If this seems to be the case, go to step 4.
- Repeat steps 1 through 3, but in step 3, select Define Views. Then, select the view that was changed, and then click Reset.