Note: Unfortunately there are so many different Android version that this guide can vary a lot. Therefor it is only a rough guide and based on using the generic email app.
The following describes how to add an email account on a Android device using the Gmail app. There are alternative mail apps, however, the settings are generally the same for any app you choose.
STEP 2. Under Set up email, select Other
STEP 3. Type in your full email address, in this example the email is email@example.com. Then select on NEXT
STEP 4. Choose which type of account you would like to use. IMAP is recommended if your email provider supports it, otherwise use POP.
NOTE: Normally your email hosting supplier will provide you with these details
STEP 5. Enter your password
STEP 6. The Incoming server settings screen
Enter the following ‘Incoming’ server settings and then press NEXT
- Username – Your full email address
- Password – The password of your email address
- SERVER – Provided by your email host supplier, mail.yourhost.com.au is only an example
STEP 7. The Outgoing server settings screen
Enter the following ‘Outgoing’ server settings and then press NEXT
- USERNAME – Your full email address
- AUTHENTICATION – Your password
- SMTP SERVER – Provided by your email host supplier, mail.yourhost.com.au is only an example
STEP 8. Select your desired settings on the Account options screen then press NEXT
STEP 9. The final screen opens confirming your address is properly configured, press NEXT to finish