The Dropbox desktop application creates a folder on your computer that works just like any other folder, but with a few other great features:
- Changes you make to files in the Dropbox folder automatically sync to dropbox.com and connected mobile devices.
- Changes you make also sync to the Dropbox accounts of people you share files with.
- The Dropbox desktop app gives you easy access to your Dropbox files, even when you’re offline.
Install the Dropbox app on your devices
- Download the desktop app on your computer.
- Get the free Dropbox mobile app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Once installed, you’ll be prompted to either sign in or create a new account.
- If you’re connecting Dropbox Business accounts, be sure to sign in to this account on all your devices.
- Once Dropbox is installed on your computer, you’ll notice a new Dropbox folder on your hard drive.
- Add files to your Dropbox folder and Dropbox will sync them with your account online. You can also access these files when you sign in to dropbox.com.
- Once you’ve installed the application and signed in on your mobile devices, your files will appear in the Dropbox folders there, too.