Windows updates are an important component of Windows which give you:
- Known bugs fixed
- Security patches
- Major updates and upgrades.
- New drivers for the hardware devices installed in the computer
But sometimes windows updates can stop working with the most common causes been a failure with an error code or a message ‘Your device is missing important security and quality fixes’. This article is a guide to reset Windows update completely using a reset script where, resetting Windows updates tends to fix majority of Windows update errors.
The script does the following things:
- Removes the older Windows update Folders, where the updates are downloaded
- Re-registers the Windows update files
- Resets your network connection and BITS service
Please follow these steps to reset Windows update with a script: